triple-filtered, petroleum-jelly product, Vaseline is a single solution
for so many skin related problems. You would’ve surely listened or read
about “Vaseline” as its brand name, and almost all of have used it in
one way or another.
Vaseline alone is used especially to fight the dryness of the skin, but it is also used in various other skin products like soap, creams, deodorants, cleansers, lotions, and others.
There are a plethora of tips and tricks of using Vaseline for various purposes, and we’re sharing one of the very useful tricks with you- the Vaseline trick to remove the unwanted hair. Have a look.
Usually, this trick is used by people to remove those annoying ugly looking hair from the armpits, but you can use Vaseline to remove unwanted hair from other problematic areas of the body like legs, thighs, back, and lips, etc.
Here is everything you should know about using Vaseline for removing unwanted hair. Before jumping on that, let’s highlight a few amazing skin benefits of Vaseline.
Breakdown of Vaseline Skin Benefits
- Vaseline heals minor skin burns and scrapes.
- Application of Vaseline prevents diaper rash.
- Vaseline is one of the most effective moisturizers.
- Easily removes the makeup, and is very safe for the skin around the eyes.
- Prevents skin stains from nail polish or hair dye.
- Preserves perfume scents for a long time if used as a perfume base.
Ingredients you need:
- ½ tbsp. Vaseline petroleum jelly.
- 3 tbsp. milk powder.
- ½ tbsp. turmeric powder.
- 1 tbsp. gram flour.
Here’s the method:
- Mix all three ingredients properly except Vaseline, ensuring the mixture is thick and consistent enough.
- Now, add the Vaseline continuing the process of mixing.
- Apply the paste thoroughly on the area affected with unwanted hair.
- Leave the paste for at least 15 to 20 minutes to ensure it is perfectly dried.
- Once the paste is dried, slowly and gently remove the hair in its opposite direction of growth.
- Wash the area properly with fresh water and pat dry using a soft, clean cloth.
- You can repeat this process on a daily or weekly basis, especially if you don’t have time to visit the salon.
Possible side-effects of Vaseline:
Although Vaseline is pretty safe for most of the people, it may cause some minor skin problems, especially in sensitive people. Here are a few rare but possible side-effects of Vaseline:
- Petroleum-jelly products like Vaseline may cause skin allergies to sensitive people.
- If the skin is not cleaned and dried properly before application, there are chances of development of bacterial and fungal infections.
- Some people also complain about skin breakdowns after using Vaseline, especially if used on uncleaned or excessively moistened skin.
- Usage of petroleum-jelly products might cause aspiration problem if it used around the nasal area.