Owing to the great progress of science and medicine, today we know a lot about different illnesses, effective treatments and ways to prevent dangerous consequences.
Despite this, millions of people get a new diagnosis of cancer, heart disease and diabetes from year to year. Thousands of American adults die regularly because of heart attack, stroke and kidney failure.
Medical specialists say that many of deaths could be prevented if the disease will be diagnosed on an early stage. The earlier health problem is identified, the higher are chances of successful treatment.
Moreover, some cure methods can be used only at the beginning of the disease and are contraindicated when a condition reaches an advanced stage.
Even though many disorders may stay symptomless for a long time, your body often sends you warning signs about troubles in its system.
SEEK FOR MEDICAL HELP, IF NOTICED ONE OR MORE OF THESE BODY SIGNALS IN YOURSELF:
1. Breathlessness – you may experience shortness of breath during strenuous exercises, extremely high fever or if you carry too much extra weight.
But if you feel difficulty breathing suddenly, without any reason, it could be a sign of serious problems like myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lung vessel) or asthma.
2. Chest pain – it’s probably one of the most frightening symptoms that bring people to emergency rooms. In most cases, painful sensations in the chest aren’t related to life-threatening disorders. However, this symptom is a classic for heart attack.
In this case, it is often accompanied by breathlessness, nausea, lightheadedness, extreme fatigue, cold sweats and headache. So you’d better call for medical help to know exactly, what is the main cause of your chest pain.
3. Inexplicable weight loss – losing weight without vigorous workouts and strong diets sound like your big dreams come true.
But in fact, if you don’t suffer from obesity and have shed more than 5% of your weight during the past 6-12 months without trying, it’s time to visit your doctor. Unexplained weight loss may be a sign of diabetes, cancer, hyperthyroidism and liver dysfunction.
4. Blurry vision – a high number of people live with poor vision. The serious problem is, if your vision has become hazy suddenly, as it may be caused by a significant elevation of blood sugar levels, stroke or head trauma.
5. Abnormalities in bowel habits – each of us has different bowel habits. And what’s normal for one, could be a problem for another. It’s worth consulting with a medical professional if noticed that your stool is black, tarry or bloody. Persistent constipation, diarrhoea or frequent urge to have bowel movements may indicate infection, colon cancer or inflammatory bowel disease.
6. Difficulty speaking and/or understanding – abrupt changes in behaviour, severe headache, problems speaking and/or understanding the words, numbness and weakness anywhere in the body are the warnings of stroke. Don’t delay to call for emergent medical help, if noticed any of these signs in yourself or in beloved one. And remember that time is a brain. Every minute of delay kills several thousands of neurons during a stroke.
7. Persistent fever – an increase in body temperature is a normal immune response of your organism to infection and some other illnesses.
But persistent fever may signal about dangerous disorders such as tuberculosis, human immunodeficiency virus, developing cancer or spreading of malignant cells from their primary location to other body areas.